As part of my 30 Things My Son Should Know About Me series, I give you the five things that make me most happy right now.
Gah! I hate narrowing things down to these little numbers. I always feel like I'm going to leave something important out. All right...here goes nothin'.
2. The weather. Winter in Arizona ROCKS. Summer blows. You know what I mean. You live here. Unfortunately, summer is a'comin' and it'll be here WAY too fast. I'm sorry.
3. All your ideas. Let's see, we have:
- Me: Honey, your options are to brush your teeth yourself or I can do it for you.
You: Mama, I understand what you're saying, but I choose no option.
- "I don't have boobs. These are my pectorlals."
- "Let's draw Dada. You better put his hearing aids on him so he can listen to me."
- "That freaks my cheeks out!"
- "Dada, there's no tooting in the house!"
- You must've had genitalia on the brain, because as your dad gave you a drink, you immediately said, "Penis!" instead of "Thank you."
- Recently, after the dog licked you, you complained that she left "Caboodle sauce" on you.
- To your dad while helping make dinner, "I'm the coolest kid ever. I don't need your help, bro."
- "Aaaah, Mama, you're messing up my coffee-nation!" (I had to really think before coming up with 'concentration.')
- "I HATE Dada at school! Not literally. I don't mean I hate Dada. I hate Dada working at school." Dude, you're three. Who uses "literally" appropriately at three??!
4. This project. I'm truly enjoying writing all this for you. I hope, someday, you'll enjoy reading it.
5. Who I'm becoming. As I grow, I am liking more and more who I am becoming. I wish this for you, above all else.
Bonus: This clip. It is comedy. I may have peed a little watching it.