As part of my quest to find my motivation, I've accepted the 30 Day Writing Challenge. Each post will be added to the main post HERE.
First 10 Shuffled Songs
This is either going to make me look really cool or really uncool and I'm betting on the latter. Whatever happens, this is me.
1. What the World Needs Now is Love by Jackie DeShannon
My Best Friend's Wedding soundtrack is most excellent and most kitchy. No apologies.
2. Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac
3. I Say a Little Prayer by Aretha Franklin
4. Without You by Harry Nilsson
I almost always skip past this. I must've been feeling particularly angsty when I added this.
5. Stuck With You by Huey Lewis and the News
I was born in 1978. Clearly, I'm a product of the 80s. Nostalgia.
6. Something to Save by George Michael
His most angsty album that spoke to my angsty middle-schooler and hasn't ever left me.
7. Drive By by Train
I don't even know this song by its title. I'd have to listen to it to tell you why it's here. Train doesn't do much for me but for Meet Virginia. This has me thinking it's time to purge some songs from my iTunes.
8. Every Time I Close My Eyes by Babyface
A god. No shame.
9. All I Want for Christmas is You by Olivia Olson
If you'll recall my confession that the problematic Love Actually is one of my favorite movies, you'll not be surprised that the soundtrack is also a fave. Thus, I have to love this soundtrack version of this song and not the Mariah Carey version.
10. Blister in the Sun by Violent Femmes
That's more like it. I'm a little cool. Sometimes.
Shuffle is a jerk. Where's my Sublime, my Tracies (Tracy Bonham and Tracy Chapman, that is), my Prince, my Presidents of the United States of America, my Journey, my Joss Stone, and my Jack Johnson? These artists are all over my iTunes, but do they come up on my shuffle for this particular post? Noooooo. Thanks, Shuffle. Ass.